OAACE represents the following interest areas:
- Adult Basic and Literacy Education
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Community Agencies
- Community and Technical Colleges / Universities
- General Education Development (GED)
- Post-Secondary Adult Vocational Education
- Special Needs
- Workplace Education
- Corrections Education
Benefits from professional involvement in OAACE:
Returning membership benefit for 2023/2024 when you become a paid member of OAACE you will also become a member of COABE the Commission on Adult Basic Education. Membership in COABE is included in the cost of the OAACE membership there are no additional fees for this benefit. Join OAACE or renew your OAACE membership for this program year to take advantage of this benefit. Membership year is effective July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
- Members and their learners are eligible for scholarships, grants, and service awards given at the annual conference. Email with the application link and request for nominations will be sent out soon.
- Reduced member rate for the OAACE conference
- Access to free information, webinars, and networking opportunities
- Eligibility to serve on the OAACE Board
- When you become a paid member of OAACE you will also become a member of the Commission on Adult Basic Education (COABE).
COABE MEMBER BENEFITS
- Reduced registration at the COABE conference (a $75 savings)
- Opportunity to participate in the $60,000 life insurance plan for one year at no cost
- Eligibility to receive national awards
- Adult Learners can join COABE for FREE
OAACE Membership Categories:
- INSTITUTIONAL: $250.00 includes five staff members of a program or institution and each additional member cost is $30.00 per person.
- PROFESSIONAL/INDIVIDUAL: $60.00 for one individual to join OAACE.