SUBMIT A PRESENTER PROPOSAL
Proposal Deadline Friday, August 25, 2023
- Please fill out the following form completely. If you have trouble submitting the form, please review the form for red boxes and error messages
- Information as it appears in this application will be used in the conference materials.
- If selected, the lead presenter agrees to submit copies of presentations and any handouts for the session by September 29.
- Presenters will need their own computers, but projectors will be provided by OAACE. If you require special adaptors (for example iPad or Mac users) please bring your own.
- ALL presenters must register for the conference.
- Please submit ONE application per session proposed.
- Proposals will be evaluated on the extent to which they
• state clear objectives
• engage participants through discussion or other activities
• provide information, strategies, or tools participants can use in their work
• address the methods and topics as described above
• are timely and relevant to adult literacy and education practitionersIf you have questions please contact OAACE, at firstname.lastname@example.org
PRESENTATIONS- Presentations are opportunities to share research, best practices, promising practices, and experiences with your colleagues in the field. Presentations run 75 minutes and involve a presenter or a few presenters sharing their expertise and/or experiences along with a projected slideshow.
REGISTER TO ATTEND
Please use the form below to register all staff members attending the conference.
The cost is $350 for OAACE Board members and presenters, $375 for OAACE Members, $440 for non-members, and $450 for day of.
BECOME A SPONSOR or VENDOR
We have space for 14 vendors. The vendors will get loads of traffic in the hotel’s pre-function space. The spaces do have access to outlets, and the hotel can provide extension cords and power strips as well
Marriott Columbus OSU.
3100 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio 43202.
Conference Rate: $141/night if booked before September 20. Be sure to make your overnight lodging reservations by September 20th to get the reduced conference rate.
CONFERENCE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Planning Committee: Assist with conference planning and provide committee support
Room monitors: Room monitors help the presenter, collects evaluation forms or reminds participants to scan the QR code to submit
- 50/50 raffle ticket sales and volunteer recruitment for raffle ticket sales
- Helping to promote OAACE Merch
- Assist with silent auction – manning the auction floor, helping people complete bid sheets, helping to obtain auction items and to create packages; create auction signage
- If you have silent auction donations such as tickets to events, gift certificates, wine, art, jewelry, sports team swag, etc, please consider donating to the auction. Email Sarah Quick at email@example.com.
Scholarship and Awards: invite nominations for scholarships and awards; encourage nominations in field, review applications and nominations with committee, determine awardees
PREVIOUS OAACE CONFERENCES
The 2021 conference was held at the Embassy Suites in Dublin, Oh. on Sept. 30th & Oct. 1st, 2021.
2020 Virtual Conference
The fall virtual conference 2020 took place on Fridays October 30th through November 30th. Session recordings can be found on the OAACE YouTube channel.