OAACE represents the following interest areas:
– Adult Basic and Literacy Education
– English for Speakers of Other Languages
– Community Agencies
– Community and Technical Colleges / Universities
– General Education Development (GED)
– Post-Secondary Adult Vocational Education
– Special Needs
– Workplace Education
– Corrections Education
Benefits from professional involvement in OAACE:
Returning membership benefit for 2017/2018 when you become a paid member of OAACE you will also become a member of COABE the Commission on Adult Basic Education. Membership in COABE is included in the cost of the OAACE membership there are no additional fees for this benefit. Join OAACE or renew your OAACE membership for this program year to take advantage of this benefit. Membership is effective through June 30, 2018.
– Eligible to participate in scholarships, grants, and service awards, as well as student scholarships for institutional members Aspire Adult Education students.
– Eligibility to serve on the OAACE board.
– Discount registration at the OAACE/COABE Regional Institute which will be held in Cleveland, Oct. 5-7, 2017.
-Discount registration at COABE national conference in March 2018.
-Free access to COABE webinars on a variety of topics offered throughout the year.
-Access to the COABE virtual Conference last week of October 2017.
– Information regarding legislative advocacy at the state and national levels.
OAACE Membership Categories:
– Institutional: $200 includes 5 associates (if membership forms are received by (9/30/2017) includes dual membership to COABE valid through June 30, 2018.
– Associate: $20 (must be employed by an OAACE Institutional member) no limit to how many associate members that can be added onto an institutional membership.
– Professional/Patron: $35
How to become a member of OAACE:
To become a member click on the institutional membership form link below, view, print and mail back the application. You can also scan the completed application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Institutional membership-form
You will receive a confirmation email that your form has been received.
Click this link below to access the Professional membership form for those interested in joining as a Professional member and not part of an institutional membership. Individual Professional Membership form.