OAACE represents the following interest areas:
- Adult Basic and Literacy Education
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Community Agencies
- Community and Technical Colleges / Universities
- General Education Development (GED)
- Post-Secondary Adult Vocational Education
- Special Needs
- Workplace Education
- Corrections Education
Benefits from professional involvement in OAACE:
Returning membership benefit for 2019/2020 when you become a paid member of OAACE you will also become a member of COABE the Commission on Adult Basic Education. Membership in COABE is included in the cost of the OAACE membership there are no additional fees for this benefit. Join OAACE or renew your OAACE membership for this program year to take advantage of this benefit. Membership year is effective July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
- Eligible to participate in scholarships, grants, and service awards, as well as student scholarships for institutional members Aspire Adult Education students.
- Eligibility to serve on the OAACE board.
- Discount registration at the OAACE fall conference scheduled for October 24-25, 2019.
- Discount registration at COABE national conference in April 2020.
- Free access to COABE webinars on a variety of topics offered throughout the year.
- Eligible to apply for the COABE mini-grants and awards.
- Information regarding legislative advocacy at the state and national levels.
OAACE Membership Categories:
- Institutional: $225 includes 5 associates (if membership forms are received by (9/30/2019) includes dual membership to COABE valid through June 30, 2020. After September 30th the institutional membership will include 4 associates at the cost of $225.00.
- Associate: $25 (must be employed by an OAACE Institutional member) no limit to how many associate members that can be added onto an institutional membership.
- Professional/Individual: $50.00 for one individual to join OAACE.
How to become a member of OAACE:
To become a member, chose which membership option you want then click on the membership form link below. Fill out the form, print and mail it to the OAACE address listed on the form. Another option is to fill out the completed application and email it to; firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive a confirmation email that your form has been received.
Click the link below to access the Individual/Professional membership form for those interested in joining as an individual member and not part of an institutional membership.