COABE/OAACE REGIONAL CONFERENCE CALL FOR PROPOSALS Extended until July 21st!
The Renaissance Cleveland Hotel in Cleveland, OH will be the site of the fall COABE/OAACE Conference. The dates are: Thursday, October 5, Friday, October 6, and Saturday October 7, 2017.
Registration is open ! Click HERE to access the registration page.
If you are an Ohio Aspire educator log into the PD system HERE to access a PD supported registration.
Interested in volunteer opportunities? See the hyperlink at the bottom of the page.
We are honored to be hosting a COABE Regional Institute in conjunction with the annual OAACE conference this year. The 2017 COABE/OAACE Regional Institute is scheduled for October 5-7, 2017 in Cleveland, OH at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel. In order to make this year’s event a success, we need practitioners from across the region and country to share their expertise and best practices in adult education.
The COABE/OAACE Regional Institute will offer two and a half days of educational sessions and along with a special event. The Institute will open early on Thursday by offering half day and full day conference sessions, a national keynote presentation, and a special after hours event. Friday morning begins with another national keynote presentation, followed by a full day of concurrent sessions. The conference will conclude on Saturday with three morning concurrent sessions, followed by the OAACE Scholarship and Awards Luncheon. This luncheon will be a networking activity for all COABE/OAACE attendees. The Institute concludes early on Saturday, providing attendees with the opportunity to enjoy the sites and activities around Cleveland.
The Regional Institute will include:
• Two national keynote speakers
• Half day and full day conference workshops
• Multiple concurrent sessions with state and national presenters
• Opportunities for both formal and informal networking
• After Hours event at the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame (ticketed event).
The OAACE Conference Committee carefully reviewed comments and suggestions from past conference attendees, as well as national trends related to WIOA legislation and the field of adult education to help guide the direction of presentations.
Presentation content strands include:
Curriculum & Instruction
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL/ESL/ELL)
All proposals relevant to adult education will be considered, with priority given to those presentations aligned to the aforementioned content strands.
1. Submission deadline has been EXTENDED until July 21, 2017.
2. Please fill out the following form completely. If you have trouble submitting the form, please review the form for red boxes and error messages.
3. Information as it appears in this application will be used in the conference materials.
4. If selected, the lead presenter agrees to share presentations with session attendees, communicate with co-presenters, and coordinate/pay for any audio/visual equipment required beyond the screen, LCD projector, and flipchart provided.
5. ALL presenters must register for the conference.
6. Please submit ONE application per session proposed.
7. Proposals will be evaluated on the extent to which they
•state clear objectives
• engage participants through discussion or hands-on activities
• provide information, strategies, or tools participants can use in their work
• address the methods and topics as described above
• are timely and relevant to adult literacy and education practitioners
All proposals must be submitted online by 9:00 pm on Friday, July 21, 2017.
If you have questions, please contact Debbie Morris, OAACE Conference Chair, at 419-661-6185 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the red Proposal form link to access the form for a proposal submission. Proposal Form
Click on the red Volunteer application link to access the form. Volunteer form
For 5+ hours of volunteer time, individuals receive a $60 discount on registration for the conference, reducing it $225. Those unable to complete their volunteer hours will be billed the difference.
Areas of need include:
- Room facilitators in strands above
- Technology aides for presentations
- Pre-conference set-up
- After conference clean up
- Help in vendor area
- General aide for directions, etc.